GLUTEN FREE TACO SALAD
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
· 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey. May also use diced chicken
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 tablespoons chili powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers, ½ teaspoon paprika, 2 teaspoons cumin, ½ teaspoon salt. May also use gluten-free taco seasoning
· 2/3 cup water
· 1 can low sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
· Salad mix of your choice. Shown are spinach leaves and hearts of romaine
· Preferred toppings such as cheese, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, avocado and tomatoes
· Fritos corn chips. May also use crushed corn tortilla chips
1. Heat the olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat/chicken until no longer pink. Stir in the seasoning, water and kidney beans. Heat until bubbling then reduce to low and simmer until juices cook down.
2. While the taco meat cooks, chop salad mix.
3. Place salad into bowl, add meat mixture, Fritos and any preferred toppings.