GLUTEN FREE SWISS STEAK
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
· 3 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose baking flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
· 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
· 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
· 1 ¼ pounds round steak
· 3 tablespoons oil-more if needed for browning meat
· 1 can stewed tomatoes
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· 2 teaspoons dried parsley
· 1 small onion, sliced
· 1 bell pepper, chopped
· ½ cup corn frozen (if using canned, drain liquid)
1. Combine gluten free flour, seasoned salt and lemon pepper in pie pan.
2. Heat oil in deep frying pan then dredge round steak in flour mixture and brown on both sides in oil.
3. Remove steaks to paper towel covered plate and discard remaining oil.
4. Add tomatoes, garlic powder, parsley, onion, bell pepper and corn to pan. Bring to a boil while scraping remaining pieces of steak from bottom of pan. Stir well and place steak on top. Return heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables soft.