GLUTEN FREE SPANISH RICE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 cup uncooked rice (we use whole grain brown rice)
· 2 cups water
· 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
· ½ cup frozen corn. May also add ½ chopped green bell pepper and/or 1 chopped onion
· 2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
· 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the olive oil in deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice (and bell pepper and onion if using) until rice is browned.
2. Stir in water and tomatoes. Add chili powder and salt.
3. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.