GLUTEN FREE BURRITOS AND GREEN CHILE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Time: 6-8 Hours in crockpot or 1 ½ hours on stove top
Burrito Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
· 1 pound pork tenderloin *SEE NOTE*
· 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· ½ tablespoon paprika
· 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
· ½ tablespoon salt
· Pepper to taste
· 2 7-ounce cans salsa verde (or one large jar)
· 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
· 1 can Rotel spiced tomatoes
· 2-4 jalapenos, chopped depending on taste
· 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
· Other additions to your liking: rice, refried beans, red beans
· Toppings to your liking: grated cheddar cheese, lettuce and sour cream
· Gluten free tortillas - I have found some online and also found a recipe to make them. If you can't find or don't want to make gluten free tortillas, you can also just pour green chile over rice or meat/chopped chicken if you prefer and add toppings
1. Place tenderloin in slow cooker and add other ingredients to cover. *SEE NOTE*
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, when done remove tenderloin and shred with two forks.
3. For burritos, cook desired meat in medium pan, add other additions and heat through.
4. Place filling into tortilla and roll up. Pour green chile over burrito and top with desired toppings.
Instead of slow cooking pork tenderloin in a crockpot, you may also speed things up by using pork chops. Cut into cubes and cook in small amount of oil in a deep pot. Then you may add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and simmer on low until cooked through and jalapenos are cooked. Simmer around 1 to 1 ½ hours.