GREEN CHILE AND RICE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Time: 6-8 Hours in crockpot or 1 ½ hours on stove top
Rice Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
· 1 pound pork tenderloin *SEE NOTE*
· 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· ½ tablespoon paprika
· 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
· ½ tablespoon salt
· Pepper to taste
· 2 7-ounce cans salsa verde (or one large jar)
· 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
· 1 can Rotel spiced tomatoes
· 2-4 jalapenos, chopped depending on taste
1. Place tenderloin in slow cooker and add other ingredients to cover. *SEE NOTE*
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, when done remove tenderloin and shred with two forks.
3. Prepare rice.
4. Pour green chile over rice and top with desired toppings, such as cheese, sour cream and shredded lettuce.
Instead of slow cooking pork tenderloin in a crockpot, you may also speed things up by using pork chops. Cut into cubes and cook in small amount of oil in a deep pot. Then you may add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and simmer on low until cooked through and jalapenos are cooked. Simmer around 1 to 1 ½ hours.