GLUTEN FREE TANGY GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
· 4 portobello mushrooms
· 1/2 cup canola oil
· 3 tablespoons chopped onion
· 4 cloves minced garlic
· 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Not all types of vinegar are considered gluten free. You are advised to stick with balsamic (made from grapes) vinegar. Although there are other types that should be gluten free such as, apple cider, cane, wine and rice vinegars, they might present a different taste to the recipe. As always, you should double-check the labels or contact the manufacturer if you are not sure. Although rare, even vinegars on this list may still end up with traces of gluten.
1. Remove stems from mushroom and place heads with gills up.
2. Combine all ingredients (except mushrooms) in a bowl and mix. Then poor the mixture over the mushroom heads and allow to sit for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Grill for 10 minutes over med-high heat.