BEEF STROGANOFF WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook: 45 minutes-1 hour
· 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 pound round steak, cut across the grain into ¼ inch wide by 1 inch long pieces
· 4 large Portobello mushrooms, halved and sliced thin
· 1 large onion, sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon thyme
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· 14 ounces gluten free beef broth
· 2 tablespoons dry red wine
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 4 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 4 tablespoons cold water
· 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
· Gluten-free wide noodles, or 3 cups rice
1. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and brown on both sides, but do not allow to cook through. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add additional oil if needed and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
3. Stir in broth, wine and vinegar. Stir often and heat to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the premixed cornstarch and water and stir well. Continue stirring for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Blend in the cream cheese well and add steak. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through and cream cheese is melted in.
6. Serve over rice or noodles.