GLUTEN FREE SKILLET CHICKEN AND SAUCE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
· 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· olive oil
· ¼ tsp salt
· ½ tsp pepper
· 6 tbsp cold butter
· 2/3 cup white wine
· 3/4 cup GF chicken broth
· 2 shallots, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp whipping cream
· Crispy bacon
1. Lightly pound chicken with a meat mallet until ¼ inch thick. (Place between plastic wrap first)
2. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and chicken lightly browned. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
4. Add shallots, wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil while scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10-15 minutes or until liquid reduced to ¼ cup. If there is more than ¼ cup liquid, sauce will be too thin.
5. Turn heat to medium-low and stir in whipping cream. Add the butter, 1 tbsp at a time stirring after each addition. Allow butter to melt before adding more. Sauce should be thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over chicken, add bacon pieces on top of sauce.