GLUTEN FREE PARMESAN SCALLOPED POTATOES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25-35 minutes
· 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 12 ounces (1 can) evaporated milk
· ½ cup water
· 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of 8x8 baking dish.
2. Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Place butter in the same pot over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. About 2 minutes.
4. Stir in cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring constantly. Add water and continue to cook until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange potatoes in baking dish, pour mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake 25-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.