GLUTEN FREE OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 ½ -2 hours
· 3 pound whole chicken, without giblets
· 2 tablespoons onion powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
· ½ cup margarine
· 1 celery stalk, leaves removed and cut into 3 or 4 pieces
· 16 oz baby cut carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a roasting pan with foil for easy clean up. Place the chicken in pan and season inside and out with salt, pepper and onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons of margarine in the cavity of the chicken. Place little slices of the remaining butter on the outside. Place celery inside the cavity of the chicken. Add carrots around chicken.
3. Bake uncovered 20 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from oven, baste with drippings and cover with doubled foil for 20-30 minutes.
Note: May add cut up potatoes around chicken. May need to add additional cooking time.