GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Makes: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Baking Time: 22-25 minutes
· 3 large eggs
· 2 tablespoons molasses
· 15 ounces pumpkin puree
· 1 ¾ cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour (* or brown rice flour blend-see below)
· 1 cup sugar
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
· ½ cup soft butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with baking cup papers, and grease the papers.
2. Whisk together the eggs, molasses, and pumpkin puree. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the gluten-free flour or brown rice flour blend, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add the soft butter, mixing with an electric mixer until crumbly. The mixture will look like coarse sand.
5. Slowly add the egg mixture, a bit at a time, mixing well with an electric mixer after each addition. Beat for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
6. Spoon batter into the prepared pan, mounding the cups full. The batter will be above the level of the cups.
7. Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
*Making your own brown rice flour blend*
Whisk together 6 cups King Arthur stabilized brown rice flour, 2 cups potato starch, 1 cup tapioca four or tapioca starch. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. You may substitute white rice flour for the brown rice flour although it will make your baked goods grittier (unless you happen to find a finely ground version).