GLUTEN FREE MEATLOAF
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Baking Time: 50 minutes
· 3 slices gluten-free white sandwich bread, curst removed and cut into ½ inch cubes
· 1/4 cup milk (may use water if preferred)
· 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
· 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/2 cup ketchup (most is gluten-free but verify label)
· 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 1 teaspoons light brown sugar
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 1 teaspoon parsley
· 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place bread (you should have 2 cups) into a large bowl and stir in milk. Add onion, eggs, ½ cup ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt, pepper and parsley. Combine well and let rest at room temperature until milk is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
3. Add ground beef and combine using hands or large spoon. Transfer mixture into 13x9 inch baking dish. Form meat into a large oval with a mound in the center. Spoon remaining ½ cup ketchup over the top.
4. Bake until cooked through, 45-50 minutes. Meatloaf is finished when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If you would like to brown the top, place under broiler for 1 minute once the meatloaf is done. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.