GLUTEN FREE MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
· 1 pound GF spaghetti (I used Sam Mills Corn Pasta)
· 1 ¼ pound ground sirloin
· 1 cup cooked rice (white or whole grain)
· 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
· 1 beaten egg
· ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· Salt and pepper
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 1 cup GF beef sock (I used Swanson brand)
· 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
· Handful of chopped parsley
· 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
· Shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Begin to boil water for spaghetti in a large pot.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or coat lightly with cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, combine sirloin, Worcestershire, egg, cooked rice, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Roll meat mixture into 1 ½ inch sized meatballs and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. (An easy trick to make uniform balls is to use a small cookie scoop)
6. Heat olive oil in medium sized pot over medium heat. Add oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and onion. Saute about 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
7. Add beef stock, crushed tomatoes and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. While sauce is simmering, cook noodles.
9. Turn meatballs in sauce and serve over noodles. Top with shredded Parmesan.