GLUTEN FREE INDIAN SPICED CHICKEN KEBABS
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Marinate: Minimum 15 minutes or overnight
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
· 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
· ¾ teaspoon sea salt
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (I use Fage Greek yogurt)
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 1 teaspoon ginger
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ½ teaspoon garam masala
· ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· ¼ teaspoon turmeric
· 4 tablespoons oil for basting (I use olive oil, as that is what I have in the pantry)
1. Place chicken pieces into medium sized bowl and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and the lemon juice. With clean hands, rub the salt and lemon into the chicken. Set aside.
2. Combine yogurt and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, cayenne pepper, turmeric and remaining salt. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken and stir. Marinate 15 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Place chicken on skewers allowing room at the ends of the skewers so they can rest on the edge of the baking dish. Brush the kabobs with olive oil. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5-6 minutes on one side, turn the kabobs over and baste again with olive oil. Return to oven and broil until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.