GLUTEN FREE CORN BREAD
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
· 2 cups coarse ground yellow cornmeal
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 egg, beaten and at room temperature
· 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
· 1 ½ cups buttermilk
· 4 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch pan and set aside. May also use 12-inch cast iron skillet.
2. Mix cornmeal, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together the egg, butter, buttermilk and honey.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. The mixture will be thin. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until top lightly browned and edges golden. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean. Cooking time will be closer to 20 minutes if using cast iron skillet.