CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS CAKE
Makes: 1 8-inch cake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Baking Time: 30 Minutes
· 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
· ½ cup butter
· ¾ cup sugar
· ½ cup cocoa flour plus extra for dusting pan
· 3 large eggs, beaten
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· Confectioner’s sugar and chocolate sauce if desired
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch round pan by greasing bottom and sides and dusting with cocoa powder.
2. Simmer water in a double broiler. Melt the chocolate and butter over the water.
3. Lightly mix the beaten eggs with the sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. Dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar and drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired. Delicious served with ice cream.