GLUTEN FREE CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH MUSHROOMS
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
· ½ to 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
· 8 oz GF fettuccine
· 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
· 8 oz portabella mushrooms
· Half of a white onion, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large frying pan. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink, remove from pan. Add additional olive oil to pan, if needed, and cook onions and portabella mushrooms until onion is soft.
3. Sprinkle cornstarch and stir well. Add cream and continue to stir until thickened. Stir in Parmesan and thyme and add some water if the sauce is too thick. Stir in chicken and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
4. When done, drain the pasta, run briefly under cold water and return to pot. Add Alfredo sauce and mix well.