GLUTEN FREE CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Grilling Time: 15-20 minutes
· 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet (skin on)
· 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
· 1 tablespoon minced scallion (white and light green parts)
· 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
· 1 tablespoon mustard
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Prepare cedar plank. Soak for 2 hours or as directed on packaging. Dry and apply a light coat of cooking oil to plank.
2. Boil the apple juice in a small saucepan until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and add mustard. Pour into a small bowl to cool.
3. Season flesh side of fish with the tarragon and scallions, then prepared rub.
4. Heat grill to medium heat (350-450 degrees F). Place the soaked plank on the grate and close lid. Heat for 5-10 minutes or until plank begins to smoke. Turn the plank over and place the fillet on the plank. Close lid and cook about 10 minutes then brush with apple glaze. Close lid and continue to cook until done.