GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES
Makes: 16 small brownies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake: 25-30 minutes
· ¼ cup cornstarch, plus extra for dusting the baking pan
· 1 stick unsalted butter
· ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· 2 large eggs
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
· Vegetable oil spray to prepare pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist 8-inch square pan with vegetable spray and dust with cornstarch.
2. Melt butter in medium sized saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa powder and stir until thickened and smooth. About 20 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Add cornstarch and salt and stir until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Brownies are done when the edges are firm, the top is shiny and center is just set.
4. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour. Cut with plastic knife and store in air tight container.