GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY AND PEACH COBBLER
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
· 6 medium ripe peaches
· 1 cup fresh blueberries
· ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· Dough for 1 gluten-free pie crust, can be store bought or made from scratch. See note. (I actually used double the dough as I had a hard time covering my dish with only one)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse and drain blueberries.
3. Rinse, peel and pit peaches then cut into ¼ inch slices. Place into a medium sized bowl and add blueberries.
4. Combine ¾ sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir the mixture into the fruit and set aside.
5. Reserve about 1/3 cup of the pie crust dough, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Using fingers, press the remaining crust into a 2 quart baking dish. Begin on the bottom and go up the sides as far as you can. The crust will be 1/8 to ¼ inch thick. Cover with aluminum foil, pressing it into the crust and bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and place the fruit mixture into the crust.
7. Remove the reserved dough from the refrigerator and place between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Press dough with your hands or use rolling pin to flatten dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Peel off the top layer of waxed paper carefully and use a small cookie cutter to cut out pieces of dough. Scatter pieces over the fruit mixture and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over top. Return dish to oven.
8. Bake cobbler until the fruit bubbles and the crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes, to allow the juices to thicken. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
See recipe for Gluten-Free Homemade Pie Crust