GLUTEN FREE SPICY BLACK EYED PEAS
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
· 2 thick slices gluten free ham, cut into small pieces (I used Cumberland Gap brand)
· 1/2 medium onion, chopped
· 1 tablespoon oil
· 8 ounce package dried black-eyed peas, washed
· 12 ounce can Rotel tomatoes
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 1 1/2 cups water
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add ham and onions. Cook until onions tender.
2. Add peas, Rotel, salt, chili powder, pepper and water.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat 45min-1 hour, or until the peas are tender. Add additional water if needed.
4. Serve warm or may prepare ahead and serve cold.