QUICK CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
· 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 6 cups low-sodium Gluten-free chicken broth
· 3 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (may substitute great northern beans)
· 1 teaspoon thyme
· Salt and pepper
· ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Place oil in large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add ham, onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring often until onion is soft.
2. Add the broth, beans and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Remove from heat. Take small batches and puree soup in a food processor or blender until nearly smooth. Return to the pot, add more salt and pepper if desired and reheat before serving.
4. Top with Parmesan before serving.
This also works well without pureeing. Decrease the chicken broth to 4 cups, adding more to your desired consistency.