GLUTEN FREE BARBEQUED PULLED PORK
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: Crock-Pot
Low 6-8 hours High 3-3 ½ hours
Oven: 1-1 ½ hours
· 2 pounds trimmed pork tenderloin
· 1 finely chopped medium onion
· 2 chopped cloves of garlic
· 18 ounces cherry cola
· 1 ½ cup ketchup
· 6 tablespoons tomato paste
· 4 tablespoons vinegar
· 4 tablespoons molasses
· 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 2 teaspoons paprika
· 2 teaspoons dry mustard
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Place tenderloin, onions, garlic and ½ cup cola into Crock-Pot. Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-3 ½ hours on high or until meat pulls apart when tested with a fork.
2. Pour the rest of the cola, along with remaining ingredients, into a small saucepan. Whisk together and cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until reduced by about one-third. Set aside.
3. Transfer cooked pork to cutting board and shred the meat using two forks. Drain liquid from Crock-Pot, reserving 1 cup. Pour reserved liquid into Crock-Pot and add pork.
4. Re-warm the barbeque sauce if necessary. Pour it over the pulled pork and toss to coat. Serve on GF buns or over rice. May also serve plain with variety of sides.
May bake tenderloin in oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Place in shallow dish with onions, garlic and ½ cup cola. Follow steps 2 and 3 to complete meal.